My Happy Days

Monday, August 14, 2006

Mount Vernon

On Aug13, 2006
We went to Mt.Vernon. Geo.Washington’s house is there, as well as many as many small buildings, farms and gardens. There seems to be a town.
We call it "Mt”, but it is a high hill. We went up it, and we found George Washington’s tomb. I was surprised that the tomb was open to the public.
Then we visited to George’s house. It was too big!!! I could imagine that he and his wife lived there.
The view from garden is very very very beautiful!!! We lay on the grass, and watched the blue sky. I didn’t want to leave there. I wished I can go to there once a week.

We have only 2 days. I don’t want to go back to Japan……

3 Comments:

  • At 8:50 AM, Blogger Ji Won said…

    I'm glad that you had a good time at George Washington's house. It really was a beautiful house, wasn't it? ^^ I'm also sad that the end is near!

     
  • At 6:34 PM, Blogger Nina Liakos said…

    I love the view of the Potomac from the porch at Mount Vernon. Watching the river is so relaxing!

    I can hardly believe the program is ending already. I will miss you all!

     
  • At 6:40 AM, Blogger NOBUFUMI said…

    I also felt the garden view was beutiful!
    Let's enjoy rest of our trip!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home