My Happy Days

Thursday, August 10, 2006

On Wednesday the weather was fine.
After classes, Nina took us to the Maryland Dairy. This shop has original ice creams. I love ice cream!! We ate sandwiches in a garden, and ate ice cream. They were very delicious!! I want to go there again.

After lunch, we went to China town. I think that it is strange that there is KANJI in America. We could find items to photograph easily. Dumplings have good taste.
After that, we went to Adams-Morgan. This town became my favorite town because there are many pretty buildings like a castle. We took a rest in café. This café has many sofas and lamps. So I think that it is like a home. I could talk with Kevin about many things there. It was very important time for me. Speaking English correctly is difficult, but if we talk with eye contact, we can communicate with everybody!!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:09 AM, Blogger Laura said…

    Many of the older houses in Washington D.C. and San Francisco look like the buildings in Adams-Morgan! They are very pretty, and it's fun that they come in so many different colors! In particular, I can't forget one of the buildings there that was bright purple.

     
  • At 8:27 PM, Blogger Nina Liakos said…

    Did you eat dumplings, or only take a picture of them?

    It's great to have an opportunity for a one-on-one conversation in a second language, isn't it! It always makes me feel good when I can successfully communicate my ideas to someone in another language. It's challenging!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home