My Happy Days

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Yesterday we discussed about family. I am surprised that divorce is a normal action in America. Almost of Japanese think that divorce is bad.

Then I enjoyed shopping very much. I like shopping. Yesterday, I bought two things. One is a book of Sponge Bob. Do you know Sponge Bob? He is a very cute character of animation. I am watching him every morning in America, so I became fan of him. I want many other things of Sponge Bob.
The other is a hand soap. It has good smell. Because I live by myself, I will put it on the washstand.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:00 PM, Blogger Nina Liakos said…

    Hi, Sayaka! Yes, divorce is now very common in the US: the divorce rate is about 50 percent (but decreasing a little recently, I believe). Almost no one in my parents' generation in my family was divorced, and probably half of my first cousins are divorced. Most Americans remarry after a divorce. I think it means that Americans value marriage, but they have very high expectations of it, and if these expectations are not met, they may give up, get a divorce, and try again with someone else!

    Is it common for Japanese college students to live alone? I thought most of the group lived at home with their parents and commuted to AGU.

     
  • At 11:38 PM, Blogger Laura said…

    Sponge Bob is really fun, isn't he? He's pretty popular, even among adults.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home